Sanitation Driver Position
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON OR BY MAIL AT THE CITY HALL 419 MEMORIAL PARKWAY NE ALICEVILLE, AL 35442
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS JANUARY 22, 2021
Sanitation Drivers perform a valuable service to the community. A Sanitation Driver operates an 8-25-yard Garbage Truck and is responsible for the collection of residential and commercial waste. The Drivers will safely maneuver the vehicle throughout the community and when the truck reaches capacity will transport the materials to a disposal facility, and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This job is physically demanding, and requires candidates to be able to perform duties that include the following:
- Operates vehicle in accordance with local, state, and federal laws
- Performs pre-and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the City of Aliceville Vehicle Inspection Form
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to the Supervisor
- Attends all scheduled training meetings as required by the City of Aliceville and the Public Works Supervisor
- Notify Public Works Supervisor of any incidents, accidents, or property damage.
- Operate the truck mechanisms for lifting, dumping, and setting the dumpster down.
- Completely dump all receptables and leave all locations clean and free of debris
- Follow route assignments as directed
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Public Works Supervisor and assist co-workers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Requires exerting physical efforts in handling objects more than 50 pounds
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and lifting to 75 lbs.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes on most days
- 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Pass a Drug Test
After completing the probationary period and subsequent evaluation, employee will be entitled to benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, State Retirement, paid vacation, sick, and holidays.
Click to add a Details File and Application Link.Apply Now