The City of Aliceville, through its Farmers Market steering committee, has organized a Farmers Market at the Farmers Market Pavilion behind Aliceville City Hall.
419 Memorial Parkway East
Aliceville, AL 35442
Days/ Hours of operation: Promotional season begins May 5th, 2022 - November 15, 2022
Thursday and Saturday: 8:00 am-12:00 pm
Vendor set-up time: 7:15 am-8:00 am
All vendors are required to stay for the full length of the market.
Cost and registration:
$20.00 a year, the 2022 year begins May 5th, 2022. Vendors must fill out vendor registration form at Aliceville City Hall at the beginning of each year.
Each vendor must complete a grower’s permit before selling at the market. Permits are available at no charge at the Aliceville City Hall and allows the producer and customer to be exempt from state and local taxes
IF selling products not classified as a grower the vendor is required to have a business license from the City of Aliceville and is responsible for all related sales tax
The goals of the Aliceville Farmers Market:
- Support and promote a sustainable and vibrant local farming community by providing an outlet for the sale of locally grown and produced farm products.
- To provide access to fresh fruits and vegetables, quality eggs, meats and other farm products.
- Provide nutritional education through vendor sharing, demonstrations and presentations to promote an increased awareness of how the quality of the food we eat affects our health.
- To educate the community on farming and agricultural issues impacting family farms and to support these farmers so they will be able to sustain their way of life and pass it on to future generations.
- To support and encourage the arts by providing an outlet for local artists and crafters to sell their art and to provide an opportunity for musicians and other entertainers to perform.
- To provide a space for local community groups to educate and build stronger relationships with the public to support their efforts in the community.
The market is organized under the Alabama Farmers Market Authority as prescribed in the Ala. Code §2-5-1 et. seq., and complies with Alabama Admin Code 80.7.1 to become a Certified Alabama Farmers Market.
The Market Committee manages the regular business operations of the market. The Market Committee will conduct the day-to-day operations through a Market Manager designated by the Market Committee.
Jodi Moore: 205-373-2820
Algene Thomas Strickland: 205-373-6611